Six questions to ask every prospective candidate to separate the wheat from the chaff:
1. Do you believe that Creationism should be taught alongside Darwin’s Theory of Evolution?
2. Do you believe that prayer has any chance of providing any practical help in times of emergency?
3. Do you believe that astronomers and astrologers should be given equal funding?
4. Do you believe that any major industry will effectively self-regulate itself, without the need for external controls?
5. Do you believe that UFOs are spacecraft full of aliens?
6. Do you believe that people will voluntarily limit themselves to combat global climate change?
If they answer yes to any of these, you know not to vote for them. This doesn’t necessarily mean you will get good government – just somewhat intelligent government.
Surely that has to be better?